Today we are excited to be reviewing the RioRand Two Wheels Self Balancing Electric Scooter. Self balancing scooters have been taking off recently, with students and us ‘adults’ not quite willing to let go of our inner child, snapping up these segway-style electric scooters. Several brands have been popping onto the market, such as the Monorover R2 (see our summary here) but the Rio Rand has become one of the most popular self balancing scooters on the market.
For those uninitiated, self balancing scooters work in a similar way to a segway- just without the handle. You stand on the platform and lean forward to kickstart the electric motor and propel you forward and lean back to slow down and stop. Sometimes flat on your face to start with. But, after the first 20 minutes you’ll be surprised how easy the Rio is to operate, and with a top speed of around 10kph you can scoot around town in a hurry.
- Tire Size: 170mm
- Maximum Speed: About 10km/h
- Range per Charge: 20km
- Direct Drive Motor: 1000W
- Battery: 36V 4.4ah
- Weight Limit: 100kg
- Charge Time: About 90min
- Size: 468*400*165mm(H*L*T)
- Weight: 10KG
- Safe: once you get a hang of the mechanism, the RioRand uses two wheels and self balancing control systems to keep you from eating the dirt.
- Easy to operate: after your first ride you you’ll be riding around and spinning in 360s, to the envy of everyone around you
- Pretty protable at 22lbs, and comes with a bag specially made for carrying the scooter around
- RioRands Self Balancing Electric Drive tech and the electric motor makes this environmentally friendly to boot.
- Makes You a VERY COOL Guy ( RioRands words not ours! (although definitely true))
- About 5-7 hours riding time on one charge, and 2-3 hours to charge back up
- This particular model is delivered from China, so can take a couple of weeks to deliver – if you are buying for predent please make sure to order well in advance!
- Not suitable for riding off-road
The RioRand Two Wheels Self Balancing Electric Scooter is so popular for a reason – it’s a wicked fun for both children and adults, and the new balancing technology makes this a very unique toy to play with.